Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cedric Diggory???

Okay, I am making a huge confession today. I am obsessed with the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyer. They are written for teenagers and yet, I LOVE them. I was so excited to hear that they are making a movie about the first book. What a daunting job of casting the part of Edward. That being said, I can't believe they chose the guy who played Cedric Diggory! I AM willing to give him a shot, but he just doesn't pop into my mind when I think Beautiful.....So what are your opinions?
I will always and forever picture Henry Cavill....(sigh).

4 comments:

kellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kellie said...

I thought he looked hot on the email I sent. But, I don't remember him in the Harry Potter flick, I am going to have to break that out and take a good look.

I still like that old guy they wanted, from Count of Monte Cristo. Did you know that Monique on High School Musical is 26 years old? Crazy.

So really, what is wrong with a guy in his twenties playing a guy that is physcially a 17 year old but mentally well over one hundred years old? I don't see a problem with that.

Marisa said...

I AM SO UPSET! I mean, really, why did they have to get someone British??? They just couldn't find any American late-teenage guys who are gorgeous enough for this role?

Plus, I mean, come on ... Robert Pattinson isn't that beautiful at all! Edward is described as looking better than a male model several timse, and I just don't see that in this guy they chose to play his part.

I totally agree with the previous comment ... Robert Pattinson is only 3 years older than Henry Cavill (the guy SM wanted), and still he's around 21. So, why couldn't Henry Cavill do the part??? IMO, He really looks more like Edward that Robert Pattinson.

Marisa said...

Okay, okay, I saw some other pictures over in a group on Facebook, and he's not as bad looking as I thought at first. But, he's still not the gorgeous Edward I see in my head. That Edward probably doesn't exist anywhere.